Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Recipe of the Day


It seems to be crazy busy today. I started the day by making sausage, peppers and onions for Harry to share at work. That was at 7:30 this morning. I've been busy cleaning, organizing and so on ever since.


So today I'm leaving a recipe that I tried last night. It was so simple and so tasty. I found it in Martha Stewart's everday food magazine.


HOMINY SAUTE


1 Tblsp vegetable oil

2 cans (14 oz. each) hominy, rinsed and drained

4 to 5 scallions, thinly sliced

1 pint grape tomatoes, halved

1 Tblsp cider vinegar


In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium. Add hominy and scallions, season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until scallions are softened. 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, cook until warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat, and add vinegar; season with salt and pepper.


The changes I made were: I didn't have grape tomatoes so I cut up regular tomatoes but removed the seeds and I didn't have cider vinegar, so I used red wine vinegar. It was like a warm salad. Yummy and light.


Thanks Martha!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds awesome. It makes me so hungry to look at the photo.. On another note, how is the blog working for keeping you on task? Sista L

pam said...

EH! I'm generally my usual all over the place self. I have an insanely hard time focusing on one task and completing it. And then add to that all the birthday parties and things the past couple of months. It's very frustrating. Sometimes I just don't know where to begin.