Friday, October 26, 2007

In Need of Tips

So I'm working over the whole painting of the hall project and I could use some helpful tips. It's a weird space. There's a large victorian staircase that wraps around and creates a 2-story area that definitely won't be reachable from the floor. Do I use a really long roller or special ladder or grow some wings? And how do you decide where the wall color should stop? the stairs go up to a hall that spans the entire length of the upstairs. It does make a turn though. Maybe I should just stop at the turn then. So, any other helpful hints are definitely appreciated.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

On some of the projects you need to get some slaves to help like the windows and I could nbe part of the slave team.

In the front hall the ceiling needs to be done from a tall ladder and I could help in my slave status on this.
Where to stop the color for the walls, I had the same issue in my front hall and I added moldings, not only to
protect the ends but also to have a place to sedperate a color

Anonymous said...

The slave that left the comment needs to come forward if I'm going to get any work out of (him?)

Anonymous said...

Pam Pam Pam- I thought you knew that I do Interior Decorating for a living?? I would be more than happy to help you decide where to stop the paint. I also painted my cabinets and I would be more than happy to help you!! Let me know. I will come over for coffee one morning and get started!! Please use my help.

Love-Becky

Anonymous said...

So not only would you be slave labor but a pregnant slave. Could I really live with myself?! Discussions and decisions you'll definitely be used for but no labor for you until it's time for the REAL thing!